Autocad commands list
Download this autocad shortcuts guide pdf. Use the following AutoCAD commands and shortcuts to work faster and more efficiently. You can find a list of downloadable commands in the AutoCAD shortcut PDF file.
What are the basic commands in AutoCAD?
This is a list of some of the most basic AutoCAD commands that every AutoCAD user should know. These are some drawing and modification commands, they form the basic knowledge of AutoCAD, if you are just starting to learn AutoCAD, then you should know all these basic commands.
- L: It can be used for making simple lines in the drawing.
- C: It is the command used for making a circle in AutoCAD.
- PL: This command can be used to make a Polyline in your drawing.
- REC: This command will make a rectangle in AutoCAD.
- POL: This command can be used to make a polygon with a minimum of 3 sides and a maximum of 1024 sides.
- ARC: As the name suggests, this command can be used to make an arc in AutoCAD.
- ELLIPSE: As the name suggests, this command can be used to make an ellipse with the major and minor axis.
- REG: This command can be used to make a region geometry in AutoCAD.
- CO: This command is used to copy the object(s) in AutoCAD.
- ARRAY: Using this command you can make a Rectangular, polar, or Path array.
- TR: This command is used for trimming geometry.
- OP: Using this command you can open the options window which contains most of the settings of AutoCAD.
- SC: This command is used to change the scale of an object.
- B: This command is used for creating a block, the properties of the block can be defined using the block definition window.
- I: This command can be used to insert an existing block or a drawing as a block in AutoCAD.
- ST: Using this command, you can open a text style window that controls properties of the default AutoCAD text style.
- X: This command can be used to explode objects like Polyline to simple lines, an array or a block to simple geometry, etc.
- F: This command can be used to add rounded corners to the sharp edges of the geometry, these round corners are also called fillets.
- CHA: This command can be used to add slant edges to the sharp corners, these slant edges are also called chamfers.
- LA: This command can be used to open layer properties manage palette which is a tool for creating and managing layers in a drawing.
Keyboard Shortcut Keys
Keyboard shortcuts or hotkeys are the shortest and quickest way of activating some common AutoCAD operations or commands.
- Ctrl + N: You can use this shortcut to open a new drawing tab in AutoCAD.
- Ctrl + S: You can use this keyboard shortcut to save a drawing file.
- Ctrl + Shift + S: You can use this keyboard shortcut to save the drawing as a new file, in short, this is the hotkey for the “save as” command.
- Ctrl + 0: Clears screen to show only the drawing area and hides palettes and tabs. Press it again to reset the default AutoCAD interface.
- Ctrl + 1: Select an object and press Ctrl + 1 to open the properties palette which lists the properties of the object. You can use this palette to modify most of the properties of the object too. You can also use PR command to open the property palette.
- Ctrl + 2: You can use it to open the design center palette which contains many AutoCAD blocks that can be used directly in your drawing.
- Ctrl + 9: You can use this keyboard shortcut to toggle the visibility of the command line. If for some reason your command line is hidden from the drawing area, then use this keyboard shortcut to bring it back.
- Ctrl + C: Select objects from the drawing area and press Ctrl + C to copy to objects to the clipboard.
- Ctrl + V: To paste the copied objects of the clipboard in the drawing keeping their original properties, you can use this keyboard shortcut.
- Ctrl + Shift + V: To paste the copied objects as a block you can use this keyboard shortcut, the block thus created will have a random set of characters as names. You can use this keyboard shortcut to make blocks quickly without going through the creative block window.
- Ctrl + Z: This keyboard shortcut can be used to undo the last action in your drawing. You can press this shortcut key multiple times to undo many actions.
- Ctrl + Y: This keyboard shortcut can be used to redo the last undo action which you have performed.
- Ctrl + Tab: You can use this keyboard shortcut to cycle through all open drawing tabs in AutoCAD.
How many commands are there in AutoCAD?
There are more than 150 unique shortcuts and commands in AutoCAD, and just seeing the number of them can quickly be overwhelming. Therefore, we have compiled a list of some of the most important things that beginners should learn. Unlike other articles on the web that cover lines, circles, and other very basic commands, we will study some unique commands that are very useful in the design process. let's start!
How do I show all commands in AutoCAD?
1. In the upper left corner of the application window, at the right end of the Quick Access Toolbar, click the drop-down menu to display the menu bar.
2. At the command prompt, enter MENUBAR. Enter 1 to display the menu bar.
Download the AutoCAD Commands List PDF using the link given below.
autocad commands list pdf, what are the commands used in autocad, autocad commands list for civil engineering pdf, autocad commands list and uses, what are the basic commands of autocad, how to get command list in autocad, how to see all commands in autocad